Watsu® is a unique, leading edge form of bodywork and aquatic therapy that combines immersing the body in warm water with traditional Shiatsu massage.
Performed in a shallow, body-temperature pool and without the weight of the body, your spine, joints and muscles can be manipulated and freed in a way unique to water work.
Watsu has been described as an incredibly nurturing and deeply nourishing experience unlike any other form of healing.
The sensation of floating through space and subsequent feelings of expansion and peace that result are difficult to describe in words or demonstrate in a photograph. Developed in northern California in 1980, we are fortunate to be one of the few capital cities in the world with access to a warm water pool.
Watsu Aquatic Massage Can
- Alleviate muscle pain, soreness, and tension
- Support relaxation during pregnancy & mental preparation for childbirth
- Relax the nervous system and fight-or-flight response
- Increase mobility and flexibility
- Decrease anxiety and stress
- Lessen symptoms related to depression
- Restore healthy sleep patterns
- Support psychological and/or emotional work and letting go
- Support conditions such as arthritis, Lyme’s disease, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s, injury/trauma, scoliosis, post-traumatic stress, Ankylosis Spondylitis, postpartum depression, etc.
- Open energetic and emotional blockages
- Release the body’s holding patterns and gently realign
- Lead to a greater sense of peace, well being, aliveness, and connection to self and others
Jillian feels most at home in the water and is truly passionate about sharing the magic of the water with you. It is such a gift for us to have a warm water pool right here in the Sacramento area.
WE KNOW THESE SESSIONS WILL SOON BECOME A HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR WEEK, FULL OF UNPARALLELED JOY, RESTORATION, AND ALIVENESS.
For information and pricing, please see Rates.
To schedule a session, purchase a gift certificate, or ask a question, please contact Jillian directly.